What level of education should i have to be a successful actor?

I am a high school student and i am very interested in musical theatre. i have been active as an actor for four years, but i don't know the most effectice path to becoming the best actor as possible.

Question Topics

flag this question for review

Asked May 23 '12 at 15:58
My avatar image

fkeon .

32

1

One answers:

My avatar image

Conor L. Myhrvold
Cambridge, MA Last updated May 24 '12 at 00:21

A lot of actors get training in theater or drama, either at the undergrad level or for a master's degree, so I would look into doing drama programs at colleges.

You can also do film school or cinematography - USC and UCLA come to mind, as they are located near Hollywood so there is a strong crossover effect even if what you study in college isn't directly related to acting.

0 comments

This is where you come in. If you're a student, you can start asking career questions that will help you prepare for your future. If you're a professional, you can start giving career advice to students who deeply need your advice.

Log in now to comment on or answer this question!