What is daily life like as a lawyer?

I like arguing my point and speaking my opinion. I would like to know what it's like everyday being a lawyer

Question Topics

flag this question for review

Asked Jan 06 '12 at 15:02
My avatar image

DestinyCodman2 .

478

6

Two answers:

My avatar image

Alison Epting
Last updated Jan 13 '12 at 11:25

The day-to-day life of a lawyer varies widely depending on where you work and live, what type of law you practice, and your level of experience and responsibility. For instance, a lawyer working for a small law firm or NGO may spend more time interacting with clients and arguing in court than his or her counterpart at a large law firm or NGO. However, most lawyers spend significant amounts of time each day reading, writing, and communicating with clients and colleagues.

0 comments

My avatar image

Conor L. Myhrvold
Cambridge, MA Last updated Feb 05 '12 at 17:15

Most people with law degrees do not wind up being trial lawyers; those are lawyers who argue their case in court.

Alternatively, judges and clerks (the assistants of judges) write their opinion about what they have heard, but again not many people with a law degree do this.

Law encompasses a lot more than just what you see on television programs like Law & Order (which try to be accurate and dramatic, but they really only showcase a small portion of the people who are actually lawyers out there.

0 comments

This is where you come in. If you're a student, you can start asking career questions that will help you prepare for your future. If you're a professional, you can start giving career advice to students who deeply need your advice.

Log in now to comment on or answer this question!