Music industry and the creation of beats

I would like to create a application were I create beats for people to use in their music or any form of sound. How much effort would I have to put into createing this business and do I have to go to college?

Question Topics

flag this question for review

Asked Jan 20 '12 at 09:20
My avatar image

awhiteNFTEAM .

122

1

One answers:

My avatar image

Jared Chung Founder at CareerVillage.org
Boston, MA Nonprofit management Last updated Jan 25 '12 at 15:43

When you say "application", it sounds like you're talking about building a piece of software. If that's the case, then you are talking about (1) an engineering goal, and (2) an entrepreneurial goal.

For part (1): To build a piece of software that creates beats will require you gaining some engineering skills. I build software businesses, and I would definitely recommend that you to go college to learn how to develop software. There will be innovation in the music industry every year for a long time, so building your software development skills will definitely come in handy in the future. You should look at the computer programming questions on CareerVillage as well. This could be a very rewarding career, and could open up a lot of future entrepreneurial ventures for the astute observer who has their eye open for a market opportunity! Don't forget, though, that to do well in an engineering school, you're going to need to be comfortable with math and science!

For part (2): The entrepreneurial challenges, there are definitely a lot of things to learn about entrepreneurship, but being a part of NFTE is going to give you a lot of those basics that will get you started. The short answer to your question is that ALL entrepreneurial ventures are challenging to build. They all take 110% of your time. If you're really driven by a vision for what success looks like, you're in a much better position to be able to weather the challenges you will inevitably face in your entrepreneurial ventures. I suppose that's true for life in general.

0 comments

This is where you come in. If you're a student, you can start asking career questions that will help you prepare for your future. If you're a professional, you can start giving career advice to students who deeply need your advice.

Log in now to comment on or answer this question!